Monday, June 15, 2009

New and Improved Zipper Pouches



I have been making zipper pouches for the past couple of weeks, first out of necessity, and then because they were so much fun to make. I really think everyone needs a good zipper pouch! I finally had to retire my much beloved zipper pouch that I purchased in Viet Nam, and I was lost without it. I use it as my wallet and often hook it onto my belt loop when shopping with my kiddos so I'm hands free. So I was inspired when I purchased my new sewing machine (more on that later) to make myself a new zipper pouch. My first attempt was less than perfect, but it has sufficed in function. Since that first pouch, I have made several more, improving with each one. This latest pouch I really love because of the orange zipper and thread and little appliqued flowers. I found a great tutorial on machine sewing the lining to the zipper and had great success with it. My previous pouches have all had a hand sewn lining, which I think actually lent a nice feel to them, but I wanted to try out attaching the lining in this way, and I think it might be a little more sturdy.

No comments:

Post a Comment