Monday, June 29, 2009

art camp

paper mache bowl based on this project

project based on Wayne Thiebaud and inspired by this project

project based on Paul Klee's work


I spent the last week with eleven very fun and creative kids making art at my very first art camp. It was so much fun and as always inspiring to see what comes from the creative minds of kids. Above is just a small sampling of the projects we made. We painted and worked with clay. We made drawings from our imaginations and from a still life. We used oil pastels and charcoal. We got our hands very dirty with paper mache paste. And we just had a lot of fun! You can see many more pictures from our time together here on my flickr account. And I just want to say many thanks to Kathy at Art Projects For Kids for all of the great project ideas! My mind is reeling with ideas for future camps and workshops, so I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment