Thursday, September 10, 2009

A beautiful day






A week ago, I had the opportunity to spend the day with my son and his classmates at his school's outdoor classroom. We all caravaned from school to a friend's property south of town and once there spent the morning on a hike, enjoying the unusually brisk September air and searching for mushrooms. I had no idea Alabama was home to such a variety of beautiful mushrooms. Here are a few that we saw on our hike. Thank you Ivey for sharing your woods, and thank you to all the incredible women at Red Mountain who are giving my son an irreplaceable education!

2 comments:

  1. these photos are beautiful. thanks for taking a look at my blog - I have been having a hard time keeping up with it and the rest of my life... but it is always nice when I still find people stumbing onto it.
    I read your profile - I'm glad you've been able to find a space in your life for making things again - so easy to get busy with more "productive" things, and forget how beauty can really make a difference in people's lives.

    ReplyDelete