Monday, September 28, 2009

Two new little landscapes



I finished a couple of new little landscapes. I have never painted this small before, but I'm enjoying it. Each of these paintings is about 8" x 8". It's funny... I have so many ideas for mixed media work, combining stitching and fabric, collage and words, along with the encaustics, even doing some installation type pieces, but something is blocking my way from letting them out just yet. I don't know if it's fear or if they still need some time to develop in my head first. So for now, I'm enjoying making these little landscapes.

5 comments:

  1. Your work is amazing. These are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful - I especially love the colours in the top one - is that during a sunset?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your kind words... i have to say it's a little scary putting my paintings out here for people to see... Lily, both of the paintings came out of my head - not sure if the top one is a sunset or sunrise. I'm just loving red so much these days, so I'm starting a lot of my paintings with red, and this just sort of happened...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful landscapes, very inspiring
    Thank you for your recent comments on my blog Ashley

    Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Ashley! So amazing! Love the landscapes. They are dreamy.

    ReplyDelete