Sunday, September 13, 2009

Improvisational Quilting??


I have absolutely fallen in love with the blogging world and all of the inspiration it offers me. I recently found the AlewivesGirl blog and this inspiring post about a Denyse Schmidt quilting workshop and fell in love with Denyse's work and the idea of improvisational quilting. What, might you ask, is improvisational quilting? I'm still not sure what the official answer to that question is, but I've made up my own version and am having a lot of fun with it. I just took several leftover pieces of fabric and began cutting them into odd size scraps and then assembling them into (almost) rectangles. And then I'm using this blue map fabric to finish out the squares.
I decided this is going to be my son J's Christmas present because both of the other kids have special blankets, and he has been requesting one lately as well. I'm really liking the process of just putting the fabrics together haphazardly and seeing what comes of it... Only 13 more squares to go! I've never finished a quilt before, started several but never finished a single one... maybe this will be the one!

No comments:

Post a Comment