Sunday, July 19, 2009

Call me crazy....

Our school year is going to look a lot different this year than it did last year. Last year, I homeschooled my second grader, had both of my little ones at home, and taught two art classes during the week... This year, my oldest is going to school and the two little ones will be at preschool two days a week. I'm excited for them and for myself but also a little anxious about what the year will feel like. Anyways.... as a going off to school present, I decided to make each of the kids a new backpack. Yes, I do think I'm crazy. But I found this very cute pattern, and couldn't resist when it went on sale for half off. The kids and I picked out fabric for each of their backpacks, and I've gotten it all washed and ironed - ready to go. I began cutting out fabric last night, and I definitely think I'm in for a few weeks of hard work, but I think it will be worth it in the end. I'll keep you up to date on my progress.

2 comments:

  1. So did they really pick out the fabric??? I could just see Judah picking out something a little more... bright to say the least. I love it, I'm proud of you. I've still got pants that I've been meaning to hem for weeks i'm jealous of your ambition and ability to get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they really did... but just wait til you see the lining fabric!

    ReplyDelete