Friday, July 3, 2009

how i misunderstand you

And here is the second.


and another detail...

Neither picture really does the painting justice as far as color. The first is a little too dark, showing more of the shadows of the texture than are apparent in real life, and the second is way too blown out, but it shows a detail of the stitching that i included. I'm still trying to figure out how to photograph my paintings...
This is a mixed media painting... fabric, stitching, encaustic on wood. And it's pretty small, measuring 6"x7.5". I've never included imagery such as a heart in a painting before, but i'm playing around with it in several paintings as representative of the unseen...

3 comments:

  1. what an awesome painting! I wish I could see it in person. Again, it just makes me smile to know that you're painting again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep up the bloggin...and the painting! It will be fun to see them both!

    ReplyDelete